joi, 6 noiembrie 2014

Meat Balls Soup



This is a recipe that I know from my mother, it is traditional in my country of origin, but I like to change it a bit to my taste, and my family's. I don't know anyone that does not like it, and I truly hope you will find it easy enough to make and really delicious!

Here are the ingredients:


3 liters water

3 average sized carrots

1 onion (chopped into small pieces)

200 grams celery (chopped into small pieces)

2-3 bell peppers

1 bundle of lovage (approx. 50 g.)

1 bundle of parsley (approx. 50g)

200 ml. tomato paste

500 grams minced meat (pork only or pork-beef mix)

100-150 gr. rice

1 egg

salt and pepper



How it's done:


Put the water in a pot and add all the vegetables, chopped into small pieces. Let them boil for 45 minutes. From the Onion, you only need half here. The other half you keep for the meatballs.

In the meantime, you start making the meatballs.

Put the minced meat in a bowl and add the other half of the onion, a bit of salt and pepper, the egg, and the rice. 

Mix really well (I use the traditional method of mixing with my hands). 

Spread flour on a  plate.

Use a teaspoon to scoop a bit of meat from the mixture and make meatballs with your hands (roll them in your palms).

Put them in the boiling pot, after the 45 minutes have gone. 

After you have put them all in, add the tomato paste. 

Allow 20-25 more minutes to boil, after which you add the lovage, wait for 5 minutes, and then add the parsley.

Put a lid on the pot and turn off the heat.

Leave it like that for half an hour.

Now it's ready to serve!

Bon Appetit!

More pictures:





As you can see, some people have lost their patience already while waiting at the table, and came straight to the source!


Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu